"We", "us" and "our" means Three Ireland Services (Hutchison) Limited (trading as "48"), a company registered in the Republic of Ireland under company number 234895 and with a registered office located at 28/29 Sir John Rogerson's Quay, Dublin 2, Ireland. 48 is committed to respecting your privacy and complying with all data protection and privacy laws.
- How we collect information about you both directly and indirectly;
- What information we collect about you
- The ways in which we may use and share that information; and
- How you can update or access any personal information we hold about you.
- We collect information directly from you when you are asked to provide personal details about yourself, including but not limited to when you:
- Purchase products or services from us;
- Register to become a "48" customer;
- Submit enquiries or comments to us or contact us;
- Enter any promotions, competitions or prize draws via the Services;
- Use 48 any products and Services;
- Take part in market research; and/or
- When you terminate your account with us.
- We collect information indirectly from you when you use the Services, including but not limited to when you visit or browse this site or use our mobile network.
- We may collect information about you from other sources, including but not limited to:
- Credit reference agencies;
- Fraud prevention agencies; and
- Business directories and other commercially or publicly available sources.
- Email address;
- Email addresses that you choose provide to us;
- Your name;
- Your name;
- Billing address;
- Delivery address;
- Telephone number;
- Your use of the Services including but not limited to phone numbers and/or email addresses of calls, texts, MMS, emails and other communications made and received by you and the date, duration, time and cost of such communications, your searching, browsing history (including web sites you visit) and location data, address location for billing, delivery, installation or as provided by individual, phone location;
- How your conduct and manage your account(s) with us; and
- Debit or credit card details, banking details and other payment information.
- Provide you with access to parts of this site;
- Contact you if necessary;
- Inform you of any service related message or of any new Services or functionality (e.g. the introduction of a new messaging service);
- Assist us with crime and fraud prevention such as to check your identity;
- Investigate any complaints or other enquiries that you submit to us;
- Enhance and personalise the products and Services that we offer you and to develop new products and services;
- Market Analysis and production of reports, performing research and statistical analysis and to monitor usage behaviour;
- Market our products and Services generally
- Send information to you about our products and Services from time to time by email or other means
- Inform you of any products and Services offered by other companies that we think may be of interest to you, provided that you choose to receive this information;
- Disclose your personal information or usage of our services to certain third parties.(see x. Above & Disclosure of Information)
- Debt tracing, debt recovery, credit management and crime, fraud and money laundering detection and prevention;
- Aggregate information about you, your spending and your use of the Services with information about other users of the Services in order to identify trends ("Aggregated Data"). We may pass Aggregated Data to third parties, such as advertisers, content providers and business partners or prospective business partners, to give them a better understanding of our business and to bring you a better service. Aggregated Data will not contain information from which you may be personally identified.
- Analyse information about you including your calling, searching, browsing and location data on a personalised or aggregated basis. We may pass this data to the third parties mentioned in (xi) above and we may use this information to provide you with targeted 48 or third party offers, promotions, adverts or commercial communications.
- 5. Disclosure of your Information
- We may disclose your information:
- To our partners, agents and subcontractors (including prospective partners, agents and subcontractors) who are involved in the delivery of providing products or services used or ordered by you;
- To other companies in the CK Hutchison Holdings Limited group of companies including for example Three Ireland Services (Hutchison) Limited, including their respective partners, agents and sub contractors (including prospective partners, agents and subcontractors);
- To any relevant public authority or law enforcement agency;
- To third parties from whom you have chosen to receive marketing information.
- Where there is a change (or prospective change) in the ownership of 48 to new or prospective owners of 48. In these circumstances we would require them to keep it confidential.
- Where required by law, regulation or legal proceedings;
- Where we believe it is necessary to protect 48 or third party rights and property; or
- Where you give us false or inaccurate information and we identify or suspect fraud.
- Where we, or an affiliate processing your data on our behalf, are compelled to do so by law;
- In response to a valid, legally compliant request by a competent authority;
- During emergencies when we believe physical safety is at risk;
- Where the service is moderated; or
- In response to a complaint that that there has been a breach of the Services Terms & Conditions or any other product or service terms of which you have been notified.
- 6. Accuracy of Data
- You must give us complete and accurate information when you apply for 48 Services and whenever you provide us with this information about yourself. You must tell us if this information becomes out of date or inaccurate. To correct or inspect Personal Data you can visit www.48months.ie or you can submit any such queries or requests via the Help section of the 48 site where you can click "Contact Us" and submit your required changes and it will be done for you by our Customer Care representatives.
- If we reasonably believe that information you supplied to us is false or inaccurate or we suspect fraud we may record that belief, and this may result in a delay to your connection or a suspension of your access to 48 Services.
|Type of Record or Information||Retention Period|
|Personal Call Traffic Details (actual record of call, i.e. time of call, caller, number called, duration of call, etc)||6 months plus current month (max.) for our purposes as detailed above
For legal purposes call traffic records will be retained for a period of 2 years to comply with State requirements. This retention will take place in a restricted access secure system and will not be used for 48's commercial purposes.
|Data Service Usage Details (WAP site visits, text alert subscriptions)||6 months plus current month (max.) for our purposes (as described above). This data does not include content.
For legal purposes usage records will be retained for a period of 2 years to comply with State requirements. This retention will take place in a restricted access secure system and will not be used for 48's commercial purposes.
|Cookies||Cookies are stored on a per session basis only to aid your navigation of our web sites. 48 will not store this data but your browser may be set to store these.|
- 8. Accessing your Information
- If you are a 48 Registered Customer, you may verify, update or amend the personal information you have provided to 48 online at any time by clicking on "My details". The 'opt-in' on the website will allow you to select whether you receive marketing information from "48"about "48" only, or about our business partners. You can opt-out of either or both at any time by clicking on "My details" and updating your preferences by un-ticking the box on the "My Details" page on our website. We will not give your personal information to 3rd parties to allow them to market to you unless you expressly give us permission to do so.
We can supply certain types of personal information on request: including but not limited to billing, name and address, aggregated phone usage. Requests should be made in writing and include your name, mobile telephone number and proof of your identity (such as a photocopy of your passport, birth certificate or driving licence) and address (for example, a copy of a utility bill or bank statement), and the information you require. We'll charge you €6.35 for Data Access Request to cover the administrative cost of supplying the requested information. If we hold any inaccurate information about you, please tell us and we will correct it.
Our address is:
Data Controller,"48", 28 – 29 Sir John Rogerson's Quay, Docklands, Dublin 2
- Security of Communications
Please be aware that communications over the Internet, such as e-mails and Webmails, are not secure unless they have been encrypted. Your communications may route through a number of countries before being delivered - this is the nature of the World Wide Web/Internet. 48 cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control.
- 48 Blogs, Chat rooms
You are reminded that chat rooms and opinion forums are for public discussion. Any personal information that you choose to supply when you participate in these discussions is widely accessible. Never reveal any personal information such as your telephone number, postal or email address when you participate in these discussions.
- Security of Communications
- Co-Branded Micro Sites and Third Party Sites
- Transfer Overseas / Outside EEA
Various scenarios exist where your personal data may have to be transferred outside the European Economic Area. Where these transfers take place we will ensure that all reasonable technical, contractual, and other controls are in place to ensure that your data is kept safe and secure at all times.
Cookies are a technology which can be used to provide you with tailored information from a website. A cookie is an element of data that a website can send to your browser, which may then store it on your system. Cookies are usually stored as text files (with a filename in the format "cookie_name.txt") but some Adobe Flash based services can write cookies in a different format.
- Site administration
- Site customization
- User targeting
- Contacting users
- User analysis
- Online polls and surveys
- Google Analytics
- Tracking your responses to adverts displayed to you
You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it. You can also delete cookies from your computer using your web-browser or your file system (e.g. windows explorer).
You can control Flash cookies using this tool that can be found on the Adobe website.
To learn more about how to control cookies from this (and other) websites you can visit AboutCookies.org.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most PCs automatically accept them but you can modify your browser settings to decline if you so wish. If you decline cookies, some aspects of the 48 site may not work on your PC/mobile phone and you may not be able to access areas you want on the website. For this reason we recommend that you accept cookies. If you select the 'Remember Me' function, where it is available, for any return visits, you will need to have cookies enabled on your browser.
Finally, please note that advertisers and other third parties may use their own cookies or action tags when you click on their advertisement or link to their website or service, on or from our website. These third parties are responsible for setting out their own cookie and privacy policies.
- The international system of interconnected computer networks utilising standard protocols and procedures to transmit electronic data.
- The electronic communications system by which we make Services available in the Republic of Ireland.
- 48 Portal Registered Customer,
- A person who has successfully registered their details on the www.48months.ie website. This website is only open to Rep. of Ireland residents.
- Our web, and other services and portals we introduce from time to time.
- Micro Websites
- Self-contained websites relating to a particular product, e.g. 48 promotions, built to function independently of the main website.
- Any services supplied by 48 to users, including but not limited mobile airtime and data, Web Services
- Unsolicited "junk" e-mail or messages sent to large numbers of people to promote products or services. The term also refers to inappropriate promotional or commercial postings to discussion groups or bulletin boards.
- Web Services
- Services provided from our website www.48months.ie and any additional websites linked from our website.